Thursday, May 31, 2012

Life Stories #2: CONVENTIONS!

Well, if you viewed my facebook account for a while, you might see that I'm an otaku and have gone to places. Like conventions..

Anyway, I'll tell you some of the experience I've had.. Oh, let's go on this with three perspectives, 1. As a cosplayer, 2. As a photographer, 3. Just an otaku walking around...

Let's get in the first perspective.. 1. As a cosplayer

Well, as a cosplayer, the very experience I earned was people suddenly approaching me and asking a bunch of  anime related stuff, I remember that one time I cosplayed as Haruhi(GOD) one teenage guy asked me if I liked the novel rather than the anime and also if I liked how Season 2 played out. for one thing I think I would like the light novel rather than the anime in terms of story but in terms of epicness the anime version wins, except for that part where ENDLESS EIGHT EXISTED.

Anyway, the 2nd thing I experienced was to play in an open stage. Now this is the very definition of FUN, if you can't sing, play an instrument and if you can't play an instrument, TRY SINGING, believe me, even though your singing sucks the fanboys and fangirls of whom you cosplay will definitely cheer for you, Also if you're cosplaying as for example, a K-On character, it's either you choose to go to a place where K-On stuff is there or a booth for K-On or something or not go to that booth because what I learned is, if there are photographers there, you will most likely get asked to pose or something and take they will take pics for about.. I dunno?.. 5 mins? 10 mins? I dunno.

I once did that, lol, I got owned by photographers, but in the end I totally got what I needed and what I needed was a bunch of figma's, nenderoids, posters, keychains, T-Shirt, Jacket, and all other merchandise from the anime's I like and currently, I'm wearing my favorite Charlotte Yeager T-Shirt, ahaha... Also if you're bored in a line, like a VERY long line, If there's music playing, especially if it's Hare Hare Yukai or Motteke Sera Fuku, if you have friends, get them to dance because your seriously gonna get bored anyway and since everyone is wacky, go WACKY TOO. Also do a Carameldansen while your at it..

2nd Perspective: As a Photographer

Well, first you need for this is a definitely GOOD CAMERA, you can probably use a digicam, but believe me when I say that you will need bigger guns and by bigger guns, I mean DSLR's also, get a telescopic lens while your at it, because your gonna need that for some macro shots(If you're gonna do some that is) and for some far away shots..

So for this one, I'm still in costume but screw the people who wants to take a pic of me, because I bought my DSLR and I want to take pics of others too, ahaha.. One thing I experienced is that, when the particular person whom you are taking pics at is approachable, you will most likely talk and chat and hangout for a few hours there, (O.O) unless if you're going somewhere or if the person is going somewhere..

As for me, I always took stolen shots of other cosplayers, which happened to be 50% failed and 50% epic win, one time, I took a shot of a far away cosplayer and she stared at me for a second, I think she noticed me after a few seconds and then she striked a pose(that's why I bring my telescopic lens with me) then she comes to me and asked me if she can take a look at the pics, then there goes what I said about talking for like half an hour or something. Seriously, even though you think your forever alone, this place might change that for a bit..

3rd Perspective: Not really cosplaying, just an otaku walking around buying stuff.

Now this one, is quite straight forward, it's either your buying your stuff, talking to cosplayers, talking to photographers or if you bought your group of friends or something you might as well go to a cosplayer and ask for a pic.. xD That's honestly what I experienced or if one of your friends are cosplayers, you might get extra'd in the pics.

Oh and by the way, when you go to conventions make sure to bring a lot of money, a camera.... those two, oh and bring a bottle of water and make sure you bring your cellphone because if your friends leave you, your on your own kid.. ahahaha, just joking.

Honestly, going to conventions are a lot of fun, you get to meet persons who have the same interest as you, who the hell doesn't want that? especially with our normal society that is 50% boring, the other is interesting, so you might wanna go to the part where it's interesting.

That's all for now guys, by the way, contact me at KonataIzumi23@gmail.com if you have questions or a request for a review, I might just do a review of your request.

Bye-Nee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

Be Sure To Follow So That You Can Be Updated On The New Stuff That's Going On Here.