Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Anime Review:K-On! (BOTH SEASONS!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently,someone mailed me that he/she can't find my review for K-On!,Okay seriously how can i make a mistake like that,Maybe i just forgot to click the freaking "PUBLISH" button.Anyways lets review this thing.


Information On This Anime:
Related Anime:
Coming Soon: K-ON!! 2
Information:
Type: TV Series, 13 episodes
Year: 2 Apr 2009 to 25 Jun 2009
Age rating: PG-13 – Teens +13
Summary:
It’s Yui Hirasawa’s first year in high school, and she’s eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school’s light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy…

Genres: Comedy, Slice of life, Music, School,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Few Words:


I know I've been bragging about this anime as if its the greatest anime in the world but shut up,I'm onto my point so sit down.I say again,Not every anime is everyone's cup of tea.Now lets get on to the anime.

It was just a normal sunday afternoon,until i discovered i still love anime's so i say to myself,Why not try another anime? instead of those crap on TV.Well apparently the first one i stumbled upon is K-On.This anime is pretty much NOT THE SAME as other slice of life anime's I've seen.Why you ask? Well for the very first time it made me actually give a shit about the characters.And believe me,I was a cynic when i watched this but after a few episodes,Me being a cynic is long gone.

But for me the best part was,This anime inspiring me,YES it freaking did.It kicked me on the butt told me to get off my ass and learn to play a guitar.Well i guess i was just sick and tired of those boys on TV being cute while playing guitar.But for me when i play music I PLAY FOR THE FUCKING MUSIC.I don't play it for the image or anything.Because right now the music i really like is either J-Rock,Anime Songs,And 80's Songs.Because having lyrics like "oh yeah" at the end each freaking sentence is fucking annoying.Also I'm sick of those western music that they even call music.Apparently the only band i like there is Greenday,Alien Ant Farm,Linkin Park *EHEM* we are out of the freaking topic. (LOL)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments/Thoughts On This Anime:
1.Yui Hirasawa
-How the hell do you get good so fast?!

2.Yuri is in the air
-Apparently these girls have DEEP *Ehem* i mean light relationships with the exception of mugi on S1 and S2.

3.Good music?
-Okay i know you can't really call Yui's vocals DAMN GOOD,but i say for the sake of the anime it did a freaking good job at sucking me in,I mean half the songs on my iPod is from K-On! (Call me a fan) but i'm in it for the INSTRUMENTS i can somehow disregard the vocals.

4.Ui Hirasawa
-You know.I don't know if this girl has any feelings toward her sister or it's just the fans making a freaking hype again.

5.A good old fashion 5 Member Band
-Bass,Lead Guitar,Rhythm,Piano and Drums.

6.Tearjerk!
-Episode 20 of season 2,also the final episode of season 2.I suggest you take your tissue when you watch that episode

7.Trips,Pillowfights,Tea times,School Life,Sleep Overs,The Sad Times,The Good Times, ETC!
-I guess you can really call this a SLICE OF FREAKING SCHOO LIFE,also SLICE OF LIFE.Seriously out of all anime's i only find 2 anime's that have the real essence of slice of life which is Clannad and K-On.The realism is there,The feeling that you can relate to it is there.Which really gives the real feeling of the SLICE OF LIFE genre.

8.Tsumugi Kotobuki
-PLEASE BE MY MOOOOOOOOM!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ratings
1.Story N/A - Again,another SOL genre.NO RATINGS EVERYBODY! =/

2.Artwork 9.5/10 - I know someone will be pointing at the hands of the characters being too childlike but like what i said in my lucky star review,It balances out because you have cutesy and not too realistic characters.Also backgrounds of the anime really looks like the real school,Oh i forgot to mention that the school from K-On is from a real school? Look it up!

3.OP Song S1 9/10 - Call me a FAN! but in terms of *AGAIN* instruments this song is GREAT yet SIMPLE to play,Also this song is quite aimed at the girlish thing,but STILL GOOD!
   OP Song S2 10/10 - Now call me stupid for rating this perfect but screw you the music from this song is AWESOME seriously if you have an electric guitar,Try to learn this because it will freaking ROCK YOU!
   OP Song S2 2nd 8/10 - Was quite DECENT,and my least liked songs from the OP's i guess.
   ED Song S1 9/10 - Now Mio gets to handle the ED's,I guess it balances out but anyway when you have a wacky OP you might need a NON-WACKY ED.For short this ED is awesome!
   ED Song S2 9.5/10 -Better than the first ED from S1,+5!
   ED Song S2 2nd 9.8/10 -Damn,way better than the first season 2 ED

4.Animations 8.5/10 - Again,it didn't really need that heavy load of animations since this anime is not action or anything,You just need to make it smooth and not like they were missing some frames or something.But i saw that CG'ed part on episode 20 on season 2.I guess they were cutting corners.

5.Concept N/A - Noooooo, CONCEPT RATINGS!

6.Comedy 8.5/10 - They did pretty well at this one.They didn't really concentrate on the "THINK > REALIZE > LAUGH" kind of jokes but they concentrated on "THE JOKE IS APPARENT > LAUGH" kind of jokes.Well if your just reading this you might say its boring but try it out,You might get a laugh or two.

7.Fanservice 2.5/10 - Erm,if you can call those two beach episodes a freaking fanservice then i rate it 2.5,but seriously how can you concentrate on fanservice when the anime your watching has characters that have childlike bodies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP Song S1


OP Song S2 1st One

OP Song S2 2nd One
ED Song S1
 
 ED Song S2 1st One
 
ED Song S2 2nd One

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So This Anime?
Pass , Average , Fail
 
 This anime isn't really always right on the spot when they are trying to interest me,but that only last for seconds and something interesting comes again,And that's another reason why i finished Season 1 of this anime within 2 days straight.Also i'm willing to throw that problem off the table.
Since this anime made me feel as if i was not working to finish an episode like Shakugan No Shana did,Rather it made me comeback for more rather than stop and NEVER WATCH THIS AGAIN like what i did with Shana,but don't worry shana fans i'm gonna finish that season 1 i'll be reviewing that season 2,Anyway if your just here to find a real music,you might not find it LIKEABLE if you are not an Otaku that is,also if you have a twisted taste in music like me maybe you'll like some of it.

I guess again some people will be saying that i'm a fan of the series that's why i gave it all the good points and not the bad points,Well i said i'm willing to throw those bad points because it was too small to make a big deal of and 2nd I become a fan of an anime when it's awesome,made me watch it,didn't have any small things that they made a big deal of,ETC.So that means I'm not just lashing those words out because I'm a fan but because those are my real opinions upon that anime.

So that's the verdict this anime is a PASS.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advised To:
1.People who love having a good END at the END of a SERIES
2.People who love instrumental (Try listening to the instru. Version of Go Go Maniac)
3.People who can't find the right slice of life
4.People who would like to have some laughs
5.People who love loli's as a cast of characters
6.People who want to know what high school life brings
7.People who just want a plot less anime
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What This Anime Has Taught Me:

It definitely made me feel,LONELY.Wanna know why? because i wanted friends like those.Basically this anime taught me and told me to make more friends instead of just watching an anime imagining stuff.

Also this anime taught me what my real taste in music was.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Pictures:














-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link To This Anime:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's All For Now
Bye-Nee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

Be Sure To Follow So That You Can Be Updated On The New Stuff That's Going On Here.